Mikhail Sergeevich Kazansky
Mikhail Kazansky was born in Moscow in 1932. In 1953 he graduated from Surikov academy, then in 1960 - The Repin Institute of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture, at the studio of the President of the Academy of Arts Boris Ioganson. He studied with a renowned classic of Armenian painting, Minas Avetisyan and was friends with the famous Russian artist Oleg Tselkov. Since 1957 he participated in many art exhibitions in Russian and abroad. He became a member of the Artists' Union in 1964. In 1988 in Leningrad and Moscow he held solo exhibitions. Back in the 60-70s around a circle of young artists grouped around Kazansky and considered him as a teacher. In 1991-92 by the invitation of the Robert Schuman Center he worked with a group of artists in Luxembourg. In 1993, he represented Russian in the VI Biennale in Switzerland. In 1997, his works were presented at the exhibition "Russian art of the second half of the twentieth century" and "2000 years of Christianity" in Moscow.
Mikhail Kazansky is in the collection of The State Tretyakov Gallery, Moscow and in art museums and private collections in Russia, Western Europe and the United States.