Tretyakov Gallery asks to save the museum of Anna Golubkina
12.08.2019
Tretyakov Gallery website is currently featuring a page designed to raise funds for the restoration of Anna Golubkina Museum.

The fundraising has been organized to collect funds for the restoration and adaptation to the modern use of the building and the creation of a new exposition at the museum of Anna Semenovna Golubkina.

The artist was born on January 28, 1864 in Zaraysk. At 25, the young Golubkina left for Moscow to study painting porcelain. She entered the Classes of Fine Arts, then studied at the School of Painting, Sculpture and Architecture and at the St. Petersburg Academy of Arts. From 1895 to 1904, Golubkina stayed in Paris three times — she studied first at the famous private academy of Filippo Colarossi, and then in the workshop of Auguste Rodin. 

Returning to her homeland, the artist continued to work and participated in exhibitions of some of the leading art associations of that time: "The World of Art", "Union of Russian Artists", "Moscow Association of Artists" and "Moscow Society of Art Lovers".

Golubkina rented two rooms in the Blumenthal house on Bolshoy Levshinsky Lane in 1910. There she began her career after studying under Rodin.

In 2017, the Museum was closed for renovation, during the last 100 years the building has dilapidated and Golubkina’s masterpieces have, unfortunately, ended up without a home.

The project was triggered by the desire of the Tretyakov Gallery to carry out the restoration of the museum and open it to the public, as quickly and efficiently as possible.

A report on all the funds raised and spent will be published on the museum page.