Viktor Vasnetsov's House-Museum is closed for renovation
13.08.2019
The Viktor Vasnetsov House-Museum is closed to visitors from August 1 to September 1 2019 due to scheduled repairs. 

The house-museum of the artist Viktor Mikhailovich Vasnetsov (1848–1926) was built according to author's sketches and drawings. Part of the furniture in the museum’s interiors was also made according to Victor Mikhailovich’s sketches, while the workshop features works on fairy-tale themes titled by the artist “The Poem of Seven Tales”. The museum reflects the creative atmosphere surrounding the artist during his lifetime. Due to the rich decor in the neo-Russian style, Muscovites began calling it “Teremok” — by the way, Vasnetsov’s unrealized 1898 architectural project bore the same name.

The artist himself is a Russian painter, architect, master of historical and folk painting.

Vasnetsov was born on May 15, 1848 in the Russian village of Lopyal, Urzhum district, Vyatka province, in the family of an Orthodox priest.

Young Vasnetsov studied at the Vyatka Theological College, then at the Vyatka Theological Seminary. In the gymnasium, he began to take lessons from a drawing teacher, and later with the blessing of his father, he left for St. Petersburg to enroll at the Academy of Arts.

Vasnetsov is the founder of the neo-Russian style — a synthesis of the historical genre and romantic trends associated with folklore and symbolism. His work played an important role in the development of Russian painting.

His legacy features a wide variety of genres and styles: from historical painting to fairy tales, from easel to monumental, from the mundaneness of the Wanderers to the style of Art Nouveau.

The sale of excursions to the Vasnetsov House-Museum for September and October 2019 opens on August 15.

Дом-музей Виктора Васнецова

Дом-музей Виктора Васнецова закрыт на ремонт 

Дом-музей Виктора Васнецова  закрыт для посетителей с 1 августа по 1 сентября 2019 года по причине проведения плановых ремонтных работ. 

Дом-музей художника Виктора Михайловича Васнецова (1848–1926) построен по авторским эскизам и рисункам. Часть мебели в интерьерах музея также выполнена по эскизам Виктора Михайловича, а в мастерской представлены произведения на сказочную тематику, названные художником «Поэмой семи сказок». Музей отражает творческую атмосферу, окружающую художника при жизни. Из за богатого декора в неорусском стиле в Москве его начали называть «Теремок» — кстати, также называется не осуществлённый архитектурный проект Васнецова 1898 года.

Сам художник — русский живописец, архитектор, мастер исторической и фольклорной живописи.

Родился Васнецов 15 мая 1848 года в русском селе Лопьял Уржумского уезда Вятской губернии, в семье православного священника.

Молодой Васнецов учился в Вятском духовном училище, затем в Вятской духовной семинарии. В гимназии он начал брать уроки у учителя рисования, и в последствии с благословения отца, уехал в Санкт-Петербург поступать в Академию художеств.

Васнецов является основоположником неорусского стиля — синтеза исторического жанра и романтических тенденций, связанных с фольклором и символизмом. Его творчество сыграло важную роль в развитии отечественной живописи.

В его наследии фигурируют самые различные жанры и стили: от исторической живописи к сказке, от станковой к монументальной, от приземлённости передвижников к стилю модерн.

Продажа экскурсий в Дом-Музей Васнецова на сентябрь и октябрь 2019 года открывается 15 августа.